Monday, March 22, 2010

Colonial Stuff

Just realized how long its been since I Last posted, Ive jumped around alot on periods, Here are some of my colonials: All will be Ral Partha unless noted. I fell in love with these little guys back in the 80's but couldnt afford them then, when I could...they were out of business. They are available again at:http://www.greatendeavours.co.uk/colonials/
Here are some Egyptian Infantry, the officer is a converted RN Officer.


Here is my company of Ghurka Rifles, once again the Native officer is converted from a Brittish one.

Here is the Command for my Royal Navy Shore Party.

Here are all the ratings.



My generic Highlander company. I HATE HATE HATE painting kilts and will paint no more.






Highlander command group, 2 converted Officers, NCO and piper.
Heres the Company

Now the command of my generic Brittish Regulars, officer modified to be bearheaded.



and here are the boys.



I modified the screw gunners, because all the photos Ive seen of them in action, they are crouching. So I cut them off at the waist and made them kneeling, Also added the fringe to the turban. The gun is grey, just looks silver in this light.

Close up of my Indian Lancers


The whole squadron.

Command element of one of my Sikh units, I have 2. Modified the officer to native, added the fringe on the turban.

Heres the whole unit.

Im not to satisfied with the lighting, and I wish I had some good terrain to put them on but this will do for now. Their bases I tried to make fairly generic but arid, so they could fight in the Sudan to Afgahnistan.


































































































































No comments: